ls output

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Thu May 12 19:02:28 UTC 2011

On 05/12/2011 02:20 PM, Harald Becker wrote:
>   Hallo David!
>
>> Any chance of getting '--hide' implemented?
> IMHO No ... it would increase Busybox size be a reasonable amount of
> size ... and I never used --hide (like many others, don't think that ls
> option is very popular) ... have you ever tried to use find, it allows
> complex selections of inclusions and exclusions?
>
> --
> Harald

Hey Harald.  I'm not sure how much it would increase the size of BB, but
I wouldn't think much since the 'ls' command already processes regex's.
Something like this in bash/perl would take a few lines at best -
although I'm not a C or C++ programmer, so I couldn't say for sure
there.  I don't use find because it adds another dependency to the
script (something I try to keep a minimum of).  Thanks for the thought
though. :)  Inclusion of '--hide' isn't a deal breaker as I'm currently
working around by piping through grep (it's already a dependency and
gets used frequently), I just thought it would be a nice addition to
make for more complex searches without relying on another binary. :)

Dave