chroot option for loginutils

Sergey Naumov sknaumov at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:22:54 UTC 2011

Hello.

I recently asked whether adduser / addgroup / passwd can be used to
set up users/groups on a target system from host machine. It is rather
simple to add root user and create password with htpasswd, but if I
want to create several users like quagga, snmp, stunnel and so on I
need to do it "by hands". I have created a draft patch to busybox to
support "-C root " option for adduser, addgroup, passwd, deluser,
delgroup instead of reinventing the bicycle. If it is interesting for
somebody I can refurbish it.
Any suggestions are welcomed.

Sergey Naumov.