NIC

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Wed May 11 14:32:38 UTC 2011

Gang, I'm attempting to work with a wireless NIC in busybox and before I
started to dive into the wireless tools for Linux (e.g. iwconfig), I
noticed that my USB wireless NIC isn't being shown in the ifconfig
output.  I wasn't expecting it to have an IP address or any
configuration settings, but I would have thought that it would have been
picked up and displayed just as the integrated wired NIC has been.  I'm
assuming it's not getting a driver loaded.  I know it works because I
can use it in Kubuntu.  Does anyone know or can they point me in the
direction of at least getting this device to show up in the ifconfig output?

Thanks,
Dave