mdev with hda's

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Tue May 10 22:41:32 UTC 2011

 Hi all,

beside origin of environment variable differences in different kernel
threads, the investigation to David's questions unveils another problem:

What about environment differences between mdev invocations as hotplug
handler and "mdev -s" invocations? Did anybody look about
availability/differences of device information in environment settings
in that case?

... looks to me, that *all* environment variables can't be used reliable
in mdev helper scripts, except MDEV and SUBTYPE ... or does I get that
wrong? ... can anybody verify this, please?

--
Harald