Serial Number

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Fri May 6 18:38:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, 06 May 2011 12:35:28 -0400
David Henderson <dhenderson at digital-pipe.com> wrote:

> Hey Harald, thanks for the reply.  If I can gain access to the serial
> numbers of the drive, I'd just create a symlink with that being the name
> of the file.  In the absence of a serial number (since it's not
> detectable in all scenarios), I'd probably default to some other types
> of info (e.g. manufacturer, model #, etc).  Perhaps a peek into your
> file might help as I'm also using mdev to call an external script for
> processing.

I've written a slightly sophisticated mdev mount script:

https://gitorious.org/neutrino-hd/buildsystem-cs/blobs/master/skel-root/coolstream/etc/mdev/mdev-mount.sh

It is GPL v2.

It is not using the serial number but only the model, because this is
easily available from sysfs.

Hope it helps.
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"