Fwd: Busy Box command lines

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Fri May 6 17:48:12 UTC 2011

 Hallo Christian!

>> head -10 = display wanted top most lines of sorted status
> That should be obsolete.  It should be:
>
> 	$ head -n10 [FILE]...
You are correct ... but I really like that old and widely accepted (so
called "obsolete") form and it's my decision to stay at it (no
discussion why, please).

> But 10 happens to be default and can be skipped.  Everyone knows that, of
> course ;)

True. I know ... but I wanted to explicitly show up, that's possible to
specify the number of processes that will show up. It wasn't considered
to be a tutorial of shell programming or good practices, just a hint of
how the requested functionality could be achieved, if Busybox ps would
honor pcpu/pmem format fields.

--
Harald