[patch] fix wget crash when given a numeric url

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Wed Mar 23 15:50:18 UTC 2011

Hi,

 >> Hi, folks. I'm having a problem with busybox on FreeBSD: it segfaults
 >> when I run something like this:
 >>
 >>    $ busybox wget http://1.2.3.4
 >>
 >> The reason for this is line 288 of ibbb/xconnect.c: result is freed
 >> there, but if the address is numeric, it will contain NULL, hence
 >> the segfault.
 >>
 >> In short, the trivial fix is attached (if the attachment doesn't
 >> get through, it simply prefixes the freeaddinfo call with a
 >> conditional on result).

 Denys> Applied, thanks!

Please put it on http://busybox.net/downloads/fixes-1.18.4/ as well.

On both glibc and uclibc, freeaddrinfo(NULL) is safe, but I don't see
any explicit requirements for it in the spec:

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/getaddrinfo.html

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard