Compiling with SElinux support in a buildroot environment

Steve Iribarne siribarne at grid-net.com
Tue Mar 22 16:51:11 UTC 2011

On 03/17/2011 01:25 PM, Steve Iribarne wrote:
> Lars Nordin<Lars.Nordin<at>  LNdata.se>  writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to build busybox 1.17.4 with SElinux-support in a buildroot
>> 2010.11 environment. I have added libselinux  an libsepol as packages in
>> buildroot, I have output/staging/usr/include/selinux/selinux.h, but
>> busybox will not find the include file:
>> In file included from applets/../include/busybox.h:10,
>>                    from applets/applet_tables.c:16:
>> applets/../include/libbb.h:50: fatal error: selinux/selinux.h: No such
>> file or directory
>>
>> The compiler flag has include for the staging dir
>> -I/buildroot-2010.11/output/staging/usr/include .
>>
>> I'm confused, should SElinux be added in some other way?
>>
>> /Lars
>>

> I second your confusion.
>
> I'm seeing this with 1.15.3.  The way I got around it is by installing the
> selinux-policy-dev package on Ubuntu, the system I cross compile on.
>
> But that makes absolutely no sense.

Bump...

So I've also seen a HUGE jump in my Linux footprint 27MB!   YES that's 27MB!

I'm trying to hunt that down but I'd really like to understand why the
Makefile for applet_tables.c (and probably others) doesn't have the
right paths.  I'll hunt it down eventually but if someone else has seen
this I'd like a hint.

thanks.
-stv