Make menuconfig takes 1 minute 6 seconds to fail to run.

Nathan Phillip Brink ohnobinki at ohnopublishing.net
Tue Mar 8 02:28:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 08:18:20PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> $ time make menuconfig
> real	1m6.573s
> user	0m56.292s
> sys	0m9.462s
>
> Now in that time it eventually figures out that ncurses isn't installed,
> but sits there fore over a minute before attempting to build the bits
> that need ncurses, which then time out.

What do you mean by this ``time out''?

> This is considered sane behavior?

IMO, yes. I think a sane system would already have ncurses
installed. Also, I expect that upon issuing ``make menuconfig'' a
second time you wouldn't have to wait that 1 minute again. Which means
that installing ncurses will leave only some seconds of compilation
left before you see the menuconfig interface ;-).

--
binki

Look out for missing apostrophes!