Compiling busybox to .s assembly file

Eric Schulte eschulte at cs.unm.edu
Thu Mar 3 02:06:00 UTC 2011

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 07:24:43PM +0100, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
>>Eric Schulte <eschulte at cs.unm.edu> wrote:
>
>>That said, WTH are you doing? :)
>
> oh, i see. Perhaps use a wrapper that creates the asm for you and work
> on those?
> Like (with something like the attached):
> make distclean defconfig
> make CC=~/gcc-wrap.sh
> find ./ -name "*eric_s"
>
> HTH,

Thanks to some help from Harald I have successfully generated a  number
of separate .s files for each individual applet, and I am able to
operate on those individually, and then compile them into a working
executable.  While this process works it doesn't have some of the
benefits of operating on a single large assembly file.

I've also tried catting these many seperate .s files into a single large
.s file, however this leads to symbol name conflict which I haven't been
able to work around with simple sed-munging of the .s files.

Thanks -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/