[1.16.2] Using udhcpc?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Wed Jun 22 11:43:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:35:11 +0200, Laurent Bercot
<ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org> wrote:
> If your udhcpc command line is "udhcpc -f -i eth0 -s myscript"
>then "myscript" will be automagically called when an event occurs, with
>an argument ($1) telling you what happened: bound, leasefail, deconfig,
>nak or renew.

Thanks for the tip.

So the way it works, is that...
1. I should start udhcpc from an init.d script at boot time with the
"-s" switch to point it to a script that will be called each time an
event occurs that udhcpc must handle
2. Under normal circumstances, I should just let udhcpc keep running
in the background and it will handle events on its own

However, how should I tell udhcp that I want it to perform a task such
as releasing a bail? Should I call it through eg. "udhcpc release",
send a signal, or go through the runsvdir/runsv?

Incidently, I'm not clear about how udhcpc and runsvdir/runsv work
together

BTW, how should I launch udhcpc from the init.d script? Is it required
to use the "-f" switch?