[1.16.2] Using udhcpc?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 22 02:27:10 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 21 June 2011 17:51, Gilles wrote:
> Hello
>
> 	I'd like to use Busybox udhcpc with uClinux, but nothing happens
> when I launch the application:
> ====================
> root:~> udhcpc
> root:~> ifconfig
> lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
>           inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
>           UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
>           RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
> ====================
>
> Google seems to say that the application expects to work with scripts:
>
> http://pwet.fr/man/linux/administration_systeme/udhcpc
> http://www.doit.org/udhcpc/
>
> Can experienced users confirm that this is the way udhcpc works,

Yes

> and
> the scripts above are correct?

No.

There are two examples in http://git.busybox.net/busybox/tree/examples/udhcp:
simple.script, or sample.script+sample.*

Use either of them as a basis for your own scripts.

Another example is in http://git.busybox.net/busybox/tree/examples/var_service
(read the README, then check dhcp_if subdirectory)

--
vda