rewriting config_*, xmalloc_fget*

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Thu Jun 16 16:08:11 UTC 2011

> A program that's parsing "-print0 format" data must interpret *only*
> null bytes as delimiters, not both null bytes and newlines. I can't
> see how it would ever be useful to interpret both, and if busybox is
> currently interpreting both in some places, that sounds like a bug due
> to laziness...

 I haven't checked whether busybox's syslogd does this, but theoretically,
a syslog parser should do this.
 syslog entries are separated by null bytes, so a logging daemon has to
interpret them. But a logging daemon might also want to prepend every
line with its own information (such as a timestamp), so it's also
necessary to understand newlines.

--
 Laurent