Build busybox for Microblaze

Dan Fandrich dan at coneharvesters.com
Thu Jun 16 15:08:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 02:50:47PM +0200, Berend Dekens wrote:
> I am attempting to build busybox for a Microblaze system.
>
> While I have found old, prebuild busybox versions (giving me the
> impression it should work, or worked in the past) my own attempts
> have gotten me nowhere. I am using the Xilinx 12.2 GCC build chain
> (which sets the __MICROBLAZE__ define).
>
> For example, the first issue I run into is that "byteswap.h" is
> missing. When I modify "platform.h" to use the other headers if
> __MICROBLAZE__ is set, I get the error that "features.h" could not be
> found and so on.
>
> So is Microblaze no longer supported or is there some special way to
> build busybox? The lack of documentation about busybox on this
> platform is rather discouraging.

You don't say what your target OS is or what libc you're using. Busybox
is targetted at Linux with glibc or uClibc and that's what it's mostly
tested on. The processor shouldn't matter (mostly) as long as as there's
a gcc for it, which yours clearly has.  There is some support for other
OSes and libcs, but you'll find that not all applets will compile.

>>> Dan