Doesn't build under Linux 3.0?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jul 26 14:37:08 UTC 2011

On 07/25/2011 05:18 PM, Douglas Mencken wrote:
> Denys, no! It doesn't work too.
>
>   CC      networking/tcpudp.o
> In file included from /usr/include/linux/sysctl.h:25:0,
>                  from /usr/include/linux/netfilter.h:6,
>                  from /usr/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4.h:8,
>                  from networking/tcpudp.c:74:
> /usr/include/linux/kernel.h:12:8: error: redefinition of 'struct sysinfo'
> /usr/include/sys/sysinfo.h:28:8: note: originally defined here
> make[1]: *** [networking/tcpudp.o] Error 1
> make: *** [networking] Error 2
>
> If this can help, /usr/include/sys/sysinfo.h is a header from uclibc.

I'm seeing the same bug in uClibc, and I stand by my earlier assesment:
it's a uClibc bug now.  We should ping them about it, their header
doesn't match the kernel.  (I suspect the glibc one is #including the
linux one behind the scenes, but haven't looked at the guts of glibc in
ages.)

Busybox can work around it by following the earlier suggestion of only
#including sys/sysinfo from the applets that need it and not in libbb.h.
 (Or else by doing what I'm doing and disabling the broken two applets
that reimplment netcat server mode, although I don't expect that to
happen long-term. :)