No brace expansion for ash?

Sven-Göran Bergh sgb at systemasis.com
Mon Jul 11 19:20:16 UTC 2011

> We're talking about features that are available in scripts that  begin

> #!/bin/sh, not features available in scripts that begin #!/bin/bash  (or
> #!/bin/ash or #!/bin/hush).

Just a suggestion that came to mind when reading this:

Whould it not be possible to build different applets called ash, hush,
bash and even sh depending on the configuration options? I am fully aware
that such a bash-applet whould just be 80-90% bash, but still? It would
certainly be a nice twist that solved a lot of confusion.

AFAIK, currently it would not be possible to build more than one of
those "derivate" applets (apart from ash and hush), but that is where we
are today anyway.

Cheers
/Sven