No brace expansion for ash?

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Mon Jul 11 08:48:14 UTC 2011

> if *you* want a minimal POSIX compliant shell out of busybox with no bash
> features, you can already do that today.  but *your* needs are not the
> same as everyone else's

 Please stop misunderstanding my needs and misrepresenting my position
(voluntarily or not), and read my first message again.

 I am not opposed to the additions of bashisms to hush, or even ash for
that matter.
 All I am saying is that if hush's objective is to emulate bash and not
sh, *this should be made abundantly clear and documented*. People should
know exactly what they are getting when they build hush.

--
 Laurent