No brace expansion for ash?

Eric Martin eric.martin at gmx.net
Sat Jul 9 15:54:29 UTC 2011

Hello Robert,

> Well, I guess you don't get the term "FOSS" right here. Complaining
> about people ("it's a pity no one is interested") because they don't do,
> what _you_ want, is not the key to anything.

Perhaps my english is not so good, finally. :-\
I'm not reproaching the developers about anything!
It was just a question to know why they intergrate that function in the
"little" shell but not the "big" one.

> Provide a patch yourself, if you think this would accomplish your perfect shell.

I wish... but unfortunately, I'm not a developer at all, simply an
appreciative user.

> All the others don't seem to like bothering with bashisms here... neither do I. ;)

Oh... so why do they integrate bashisms in ash/hush?

> Btw. zsh expands {0..9} but it doesn't expand {A..Z}. In the future
> there could be a HALF_EXPAND_BASHISM macro for zsh emulation. :D

Yeah, good idea! Just kidding. :-)

Eric