[1.16.2] Can't stop "ping" with CTRL+c

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Jul 8 12:47:57 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 09:33:30AM +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > What would cause TIOCGSERIAL to be undefined while __linux__ is
> > defined, or vice versa?  Is that intended to support really old
> > kernels, broken system headers, or something else?
>
> There is probably no deep wisdom behind it. I think second #ifdef
> should be changed to #ifdef VT_GETSTATE, it will make more sense that way.

I think the "deep wisdom" is simply that you should never hard-code
assumptions of what features do or don't exist based on an operating
system id macro, and instead test a specific macro for the feature you
want to use. BTW I wouldn't be surprised if Android lacks some things
like this but still has __linux__ defined.. :)

Rich