Compiling full BusyBox under Cygwin

szgyg szgyg at ludens.elte.hu
Thu Jul 7 09:44:16 UTC 2011

On 7/6/2011 7:15 PM, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
> I am new to BusyBox.
> I tried to compile BusyBox the normal way.
> but that seems not to work.
>
> Can someone tell me how to compile it under cygwin?

A patch against current git and a .config file are attached. Apply the
patch, copy .config to the busybox directory, and run make.

However, there is a bug in the latest released cygwin, so you should use
a snapshot. Download
http://cygwin.org/snapshots/cygwin1-20110613.dll.bz2, extract, and
replace /bin/cygwin1.dll with the new file.

szgyg

ps: you can install tesseract from http://sourceware.org/cygwinports/