Small issues with hwclock of busybox

Klaus Brinkmann bbrink at uni-koblenz.de
Mon Jul 4 12:43:57 UTC 2011

On 04.07.2011 13:24, Gilles Espinasse wrote:

> According to the man page, only TZ should matter.
> Is TZ set in your case?
>
> I see only getenv for TZ in
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=utils/util-linux/util-linux.git;a=blob;f=hwclock/hwclock.c

TZ is not set on my system (echo $TZ does not output anything).

# cat /etc/timezone
Europe/Berlin

Does it maybe only show in countries that use summer-/wintertime? My
/etc/localtime is not a link, but a must be copy of
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin as

diff /etc/localtime /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin

does not output any differences. I don't want to paste the whole binary
output here, but the human readable parts i found with 'vi' contain:

"CEST^@CET^@CEMT^@^@^@^A^A^@^A^A^A^@^@^@^@^@^@^A^ATZif2^@"

or at the end:

"LMT^@CEST^@CET^@CEMT^@^@^@^@^A^A^@^A^A^A^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^A^A
CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3"