typo in id.c?

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Wed Jan 26 16:45:26 UTC 2011

Selon Tito <farmatito at tiscali.it>:

> On Wednesday 26 January 2011 15:24:17 Gilles Espinasse wrote:
> > Selon Tito <farmatito at tiscali.it>:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > in id.c maybe I've found a minor bug.
> > >
> > > 		} else if (n < 0) { /* error in get_groups() */
> > > -			if (!ENABLE_DESKTOP)
> > > +			if (ENABLE_DESKTOP)
> > > 				bb_error_msg_and_die("can't get groups");
> > > 			else
> > > 				return EXIT_FAILURE;
> > > 		}
> > >

> > > ciao,
> > > Tito
> >

> > Another issue.
> >
> > Should really 'return EXIT_FAILURE' depend of ENABLE_DESKTOP?
> >

> > Gilles
> >

> My idea was ENABLE_DESKTOP = bloat so verbose error message
>                    !ENABLE_DESKTOP= minimal so only return error to shell
>
> Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious?
> Ciao,
> Tito

I miss the _and_die part and think that was bad to have an exit status depending
of ENABLE_DESKTOP.

I don't know if size would be better or worse without the else but exit status
should remain inchanged.

A few lines above in print_common function, there is
			if (option_mask32) {
				if (ENABLE_DESKTOP)
					bb_error_msg("unknown ID %u", id);
				return EXIT_FAILURE;
			}
which is a different way (no else, no _and_die) to have a similar handling (but
there in a function)

Gilles