svlogd - can I prove it's reading the config file?

David Collier from_busybox_maillist at dexdyne.com
Fri Jan 21 16:20:00 UTC 2011

I have svlogd working very nicely, except it seems to take no notice of
the config file

I have for example ( slightly edited to fit in 72 chars )

/home/go_netrix # ls -l /var/log/modem_comms
total 2556
-rwxr--r--  1 root  root  999020 Jan 21 15:08  @4000...39a175323a13f8.s
-rwxr--r--  1 root  root  999006 Jan 21 15:39  @4000...39a8c5188e4140.s
-rw-r--r--  1 root  root    1921 Jan 21 15:36 config
-rw-r--r--  1 root  root  588233 Jan 21 15:57 current
-rw-------  1 root  root       0 Jan 21 14:53 lock

but  cat /var/log/modem_comms/config| grep -v \#  gives me ( after
removing blank lines )

s50000
n3
t30

I've tried s 50000 as an alternative.

=======

having read the man page I can see no way to get it to flag to me whether
it is locating and reading my config file - it seems to default to
silence if it isn't happy.... and it clearly isn't happy ...

David