QA issue with downloads/fixes-x.y.z/*.patch

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 17 13:45:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
<rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Denys,
>
> There is a glitch in the way you roll patches for the downloads/
> directory.
>
> See first hunk of
> http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=92e33f3a889d9bd91907869f151e5144f459bb25
> i.e. the hush.patch.
> This file changed content since you changed the time and thus it's
> sha256 sum changed, resulting in grief.
>
> Is there any way you can:
> - avoid changing the checksum of existing patch-files

Done: I added logic which strips timestamps from diff headers,
keeping them unchanged when patch files are regenerated.

> - in case you follow-up patch in fixes-, provide
>  glob-understandable ordering of patches, like prefixing them with
>  %0.3d or provide quiltrc or an ordered list or something?

I plan to have these patches orthogonal so that they can be
applied in any order. If they start to depend on each other,
it means the next bugfix release is overdue.

Is this enough?

--
vda