date formats acceptable to the "date" command

David Collier from_busybox_maillist at dexdyne.com
Fri Jan 14 14:54:00 UTC 2011

In article <4D30500B.3070602 at gmx.de>, ralda at gmx.de (Harald Becker) wrote:

> *From:* Harald Becker <ralda at gmx.de>
> *To:* busybox at busybox.net
> *Date:* Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:30:51 +0100
>
> > It seems a bit silly not to accept the only standard format as
> > used by
> > the coreutils version?
> >
> IMHO there is an config option to enable/disable this? Have you
> checked
> this?

Hi Harald

I'm not keen on having to recompile busybox with this and that option -
I'd like my s/w to work with any recent busybox. In fact on any Linux
computer it encounters.

I'd rather change my stuff to use a well-supported format for busybox,
and set up an auto-detect to see if I am running under busybox or
big-boy-linux :-)

TVM