mdev

Serj Kalichev serj.kalichev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:49:02 UTC 2011

2011/1/12 Vladimir Dronnikov <dronnikov at gmail.com>:
>> /etc/mdev.conf
>
> I guess we have this one under ./examples. Please, check it
>
> --Vladimir

Hi
I had the same problem with the mdev.
The mdev scans the some parts of sysfs filesystem but it can't find
the hardware (the network cards in my case) for which the appropriate
module is not loaded yet. It doesn't scan the all PCI devices. The
mdev scans /sys/class dir (may be something else). This dir doesn't
contain aliases for the network cards for which the module is not
loaded yet.

So I will use adopted hwdetect script (from Archlinux) to search for
the hardware.

Serj Kalichev