CONFIG_DESKTOP=n gives "request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-464c"

Arno Steffen arno.steffen at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 10 10:44:48 UTC 2011

Thanks for your hints. Indeed, it seems I did something wrong. I
modified the Makefile for using cross compiler instead of using
menuconfig to set it. Maybe that causes the trouble
Now it works with "full blown" or "embedded" - although the difference
in size is not so big anymore 896436 vs 884352 byte.

Indeed file is available not in my embedded system. But it doesn't
matter - I can run it on my PC as well.
setuid ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), stripped

for my once failed busybox it give
setuid ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

So - thanks for help - and sorry. All my fault.
Best regards