spoiled for choice on ftp

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 26 12:56:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 19:16:49 +0100
Harald Becker <ralda at gmx.de> wrote:

> Short summary from my brain: Tried to use mc build in ftp access to
> contact Busybox ftpd and didn't get that working. The login wasn't
> possible and the protocol log showed irregularities in the order of
> commands and there responses.

In addition to implementing workarounds in busybox ftpd, please also
kind, and totally unable to read any RFCs, at least that's what I found
when I looked at the failing clients.

In the end we will probably have to implement workarounds for those
clients, but at least telling them that they are writing crap is the least
we should do ;-)

I did for KDE and of course nobody has fixed anyting...
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"