PATCH: Allow showkey usage on none local tty

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Thu Feb 24 14:48:58 UTC 2011

 Hi!

The appended patch (based on current snapshot) allow the usage of
busybox showkey for display of key sequences on none local tty's like
serial lines and pty's (in ASCII mode, option -a). Currently showkey
fails on those tty types due to the lack of the keyboard functionality.
So the appropriate ioctl to read the keyboard mode fails before the
option is checked and only key sequences are displayed. Keyboard mode
mangling is not required for that purpose, so we just have to change the
order of things a bit.

In addition I did some very small improvements on the text output and
source code readability.

[To Denys question ... after some long delay: Yes I can (and do) provide
patches, if I have an environment that allows me to do that. As last
time I wasn't able to produce a patch, I decided to send the modified
source file (in my assumption, you have all busybox sources and are able
to do just a diff on them). Sorry, for this, if I was wrong ... let to
this, that I lost the changes and had to do the modifications again ...
not that friendly]

--
Harald