PLATFORM_LINUX is evil

Mark Turner mark at funkmybios.com
Wed Feb 23 22:58:09 UTC 2011

You wrote :

There is plenty of usefulness to Busybox that is not Linux-dependent
and that, contrary to what you wrote, is not trivial to reimplement.
One great example is Busybox ash, which is the only lightweight
POSIX-compatible sh in existence that supports UTF-8 interactive line
editing. I often wish it were available as a small portable standalone
package that I could quickly compile and install anywhere...

which indicates that you have in fact missed the point, you can in fact
compile busybox as a static standalone ash, simply enable only ash, compile,
link static and rename the binary.

Mark