complaint from svlogd

David Collier from_busybox_maillist at dexdyne.com
Wed Feb 16 16:59:00 UTC 2011

OK guys, I take the consensus, which is that if I'm doing

( fred |svlogd )

then any kind of kill, including SIGKILL, on fred should send svlogd an
EOF and it should shut down pronto.

I was convinced that my fred dropped out of the ps listing, but the
svlogd hung around for tens of seconds, but finger-trouble is easy to
cause when you're flapping about trying to understand a problem.

I will try to construct a test-case and see if it works as I'm told it
should, or does anything odd.

Thanks for all the help and patience.