advice please? Is there a known issue with SIGINT for scripts?

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Tue Feb 8 10:33:39 UTC 2011

 Hallo David!

>     trap "( unexpected_error_or_exit    )"         EXIT
> What I observe is that if I do killall <script>, the trap takes place,
> and I can see the debug printout.
Is there any reason for the parenthesis above? ... they run the signal
routine in a subshell ... so the script does exactly what you request
... signal starts trap routine, trap runs function in a subshell,
subshell exits, trap routine continues and returns to main shell, main
shell continues it's processing.

--
Harald