Can I set up my own sub-environment?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 7 14:43:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 3:07 PM, David Collier
<from_busybox_maillist at dexdyne.com> wrote:
>> A better decision would be to write your scrips in
>> standard-compliant shell.
>
> OK, pardon my ignorance then.
>
> It seems to me that the syntax for functions in ash and bash is different
> and incompatible.

For example?

> I had assumed that was a fixed part of the universe, and something I'd
> have to live with.

ash doesn't implement all bash stuff. I am trying to add more,
but frankly, implementing all bashisms is not a sensible goal
so far: some of them are pure featuritis, like <<<word
redirection or `<file` hack: users can trivially use
standard-compliant constructs instead.

--
vda