busy box

Stuart Longland redhatter at gentoo.org
Wed Feb 2 03:52:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 10:38:11PM -0500, Chris Weatherly wrote:
>  No, honestly it is above me, I'm the IT Tech Manager for a
>  Construction company. The system was most definitely hacker and we
>  know who did but need someone with your credentials so we can
>  prosecute. I'm not 100% sure he is using busybox but about 98%,
>  everything I read about busybox is happening to his systems only for
>  a personal use. To someone that shouldn't have any access to the
>  network. I've reformatted all the drives and reinstalled all the
>  drivers. Even put in new router and installed a untungle firewall
>  server. How ever the guy hacker the system has physical access or is
>  getting through some how. So we need to hire a professional to fix
>  our network and make sure it can't be hacker again.

I'll let someone else deal with this now.  I've tried extracting some
useful information for others to assist, but someone clearly can't read
Reply-To headers (I received the above in a off-list mail, contrary to
instructions).

In addition, they're talking about prosecuting people for the security
breaches and my advice is if someone wants to, they might be better
served assessing the situation on-the-ground, as I seem to be getting
nowhere fast and have work to do in this part of the world.

Clearly, the original poster is not interested in answering the
questions I ask in order to work out how to assist, they can pay for
someone to come to the rescue instead.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)      .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.