Cancel respawn getty on serial tty

Laurent Bercot ska-dietlibc at skarnet.org
Fri Dec 30 00:54:06 UTC 2011

> 3. If you need this kind of finer control of starting/stopping
> of services, use runsvdir tool instead of init.
>
> This seems to have some merit, and I will explore this option. It seems
> to be a more refined option, although I am a bit reluctant to implement
> something that is somewhat unconventional. Also, it would seem to create
> implications for other stuff that is presently done with init. If it
> wasn't for that, I would probably go immediately to that solution.

 People who are interested in learning *why* a conventional init is so
impractical to use, and why solutions such as runsvdir feel so right,
would likely benefit from reading the following document:

 http://www.skarnet.org/software/s6/s6-svscan-1.html

(s6-svscan, documented in another page on the same site, performs the
same role as runsvdir, but can also be run directly as process 1.)

--
 Laurent