[busybox] no keyboard with busybox-1.19.2 and kernel 2.6.38.8

Rich Mahn rich at lat.com
Tue Dec 27 17:20:33 UTC 2011

Eial Czerwacki <eial at scalemp.com> wrote:

> On 12/22/2011 05:31 PM, Rich Mahn wrote:
>
> > Eial Czerwacki <eial at scalemp.com> wrote:

> >> do you have any ideas on how to solve this issue?
> >>
> > Eial, is the keyboard USB?  I had a no-keyboard problem with a USB keyboard until
> > I configured the kernel with USB/keyboard support built-in.  I had problems getting
> > it to work when the support was a module.
> >

> Hello Rich,
>
> it is indeed a usb keyboard, I do load all relevant USB modules on boot,
> I cannot build it built in because at one time I kill the kernel and
> switch to another implementation, thus if it will be built-in, I'll
> loose usb functionality.
>
> Eial.
Eial,
  I would make a test kernel with the usb keyboard modules built in,
just to determine if that is the problem.  If it works with those
modules built in, then you know the problem is in the area of those
modules and you can start experimenting with how you are loading them
with your normal kernel.
Rich