no keyboard with busybox-1.19.2 and kernel 2.6.38.8

Eial Czerwacki eial at scalemp.com
Sun Dec 25 06:02:14 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 05:09 PM, Laurent Bercot wrote:

>> /dev/console exists.
>> I'm really out of idea.
>
>  chmod /dev/console to 0600 (you never know).
>
>  Make sure the /dev you are checking actually IS the /dev you have
> at boot time.
>
>  Check your kernel configuration. Make sure your kernel actually
> *can* open an initial console. Do you have proper virtual terminal
> and keyboard support in your kernel ? Check that there is no
> "console=foobar" option in your kernel command line.
>  Are you using devtmpfs and mounting it at boot time, or are you
> running a static /dev, or anything else ?
>
>  In any case, it's very probably a Linux issue, not a busybox issue.

Hello Laurent,

you are right, it seems to be a kernel issue (there is a kernel patch
which causes it, I've currently reversed it).

from what I can remember, my /dev/console is 644.

regarding the real dev, I've suspected that is the issue but I don't
have a /dev mount entry in my fstab so I assume it is the same.
I think I use static /dev.

what kernel options should I check?
I did tried with console=foobar, it didn't worked.

Thanks,

Eial.