No libbusybox.so config

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Wed Dec 14 04:15:19 UTC 2011

On 14/12/11 03:36, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> $ make defconfig
> $ make menuconfig
>   -->  Busybox Settings  --->  Build Options  --->
>   [*] Build shared libbusybox
>   [*]   Produce a binary for each applet, linked against libbusybox
>   [*]   Produce additional busybox binary linked against libbusybox
> $ make -j4

Thank you. I can't believe I missed that, but I did!

I'm using 1.19.2 and it worked as you outlined. What I'd like to try
is embedding a static archive within a libv8 wrapper so that the bb
functions are directly available to Javascript.

Is it possible to end up with a single libbusybox.a ?

./archival/lib.a
./archival/libarchive/lib.a
./console-tools/lib.a
./coreutils/lib.a