my busybox +android bionic + ndk tips, etc

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Mon Aug 29 19:40:28 UTC 2011

On Monday 29 August 2011 21:21:12 Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> I have thought of filing a bug, but then there are too much loose information I'd like to post and probably are a few bug reports, so here they are: I have had a go at using the android ndk to build busybox against bionic, instead of against android source with an arm-targeted cross-gcc. (I think some of the recommendations online - using codesourcery's arm-gcc to build static, is just wrong).
Hi,
Why is it wrong? It is the only way to obtain a fully working
busybox binary with all the functionality denied by the crippled
bionic libc. You can even use Aboriginal linux (http://landley.net/aboriginal/)
to compile it statically against uclibc for a smaller binary
(or buildroot if you prefer).

Ciao,
Tito