1.19.0 is released

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Aug 13 20:42:59 UTC 2011

On 08/13/2011 02:45 AM, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> Rob,
> 'less: optionally query terminal size via "ESC [ 6 n". Closes 2659'
> item is the thing you asked for sometime ago. It is finally done.

Yay!

I'll drop it into Aboriginal and try to get a new set of binaries
staticaly linked against uClibc up this weekend.

I also note that I've got a half-dozen todo items queued up for the
FAQ.  (Which has been neglected enough to acquire broken links that say
"fixme".)

For example, the prebuilt armv5l binary works just fine on android
systems, and the full setup dance on android is something like:

mkdir /busybox
cd /busybox
wget http;//busybox.net/downloads/binaries/latest/busybox-armv5l -O busybox
chmod 755 busybox
for i in $(busybox --list); do ln -s busybox $i; done
/busybox/busybox ash
PATH=/busybox:$PATH

And lo, you have a busybox shell on an arbitrary android system with
the full busybox tools in your $PATH.  (You may need to use adb instead
of wget to copy the busybox binary on there, but eh.)

Anyway, there really should be some kinda FAQ about that.