[1.4.1] Using sh to recurse through file system?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 15 00:53:44 UTC 2011

On Thursday 14 April 2011 13:20, Gilles wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:16:53 +0200, Gilles Espinasse <g.esp at free.fr>
> wrote:
> >for dir in /{bin,sbin} /lib/{,iptables,udev} /usr/{bin,lib,libexec,local,sbin};
> >do scanelf -nR $dir; done
>
> Weird: It doesn't return anything when using the /{bin,sbin} syntax:

This syntax is a bashism. So far it is supported only in hush,
and only in a very new version of hush.

> > for dir in /{bin,sbin}; do /var/tmp/scanelf -nR $dir; done
> for dir in /{bin,sbin}; do /var/tmp/scanelf -nR $dir; done
>
> So I just ran the command several times, once for each top-level
> directory.
>
> >another way with
> >find <same-top-level-dir-list> -maxdepth 0 -type f -exec scanelf -nR {} \;
>
> Busybox just returns its "Usage: find [PATH...] [EXPRESSION". Maybe it
> doesn't support either maxdepth or exec.

1.4.1 didn't soupport maxdepth:

$ git log | grep -e maxdepth -e '\.0$'
    Bump version to 1.18.0
    bump version to 1.17.0
    Bump version to 1.16.0
    mount: dont include NFS headers if not needed; drop support for Linux <2.2.0
    find: do not recurse into directories with depth == --maxdepth
    Releasing 1.15.0
    preliminary work for gcc 4.4.0
    Makefile: bump version to 1.14.0
    Bump version to 1.13.0
    announce 1.12.0
    This is 1.12.0
    Announce 1.10.4 and 1.11.0
    This is 1.11.0
    trivial fixes to make bbox compile with gcc 4.3.0
    Announce 1.9.0
    Announce 1.8.0
    find: add conditional support for -maxdepth and -regex    <====================
    -maxdepth: