Adding ipkg to Busybox?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:05:02 UTC 2011

On Friday 08 April 2011 20:06, Gilles wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 19:22:36 +0200, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
> wrote:
> (snip)
>
> Turns out it's not "--disable-libcurl" but "--disable-curl".
>
> Configure proceeds, but stops a bit later with:
> =========
> checking for gpgme-config... failed
> configure: error: GPGME 1.0.0 or later needed
> =========
>
> I tried "--disable-gpgme", "--disable-gpgme-config, "--without-gpgme",
> and "--without-gpgme-config", to no avail.
>
> Anybody knows?

Cross-compiling is a bitch.

The basic problem is that a lot of packages are rarely/never cross-compiled,
thus they aren't tested to do that correctly. At best, testing coverage
is spotty.

One solution is to build natively. Even if it means you have to build in
a qemu sandbox (s...l...o...w...), it can still be less time-consuming
than figuring out every package's cross-compiling quirks, and maintaining
fixes for those which are broken.

Rob's Aboriginal Linux aims to make native compile for non-x86 arches easier.
Its motto is "We cross compile so you don't have to". Read more at:

http://www.landley.net/aboriginal/

--
vda