ntpd applet

Sergey Naumov sknaumov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:25:09 UTC 2011

And is there a way to prevent syncing and set time immediately after
burst requests?

> How about this?
>
> http://git.busybox.net/busybox/commit/?id=8e23fafadee75bbe275bb795d0b2c2121dad93e7

In case of disabling syncing (in ntpdate syncing is performed only if
difference between local and received time is small) ntpd will work
fast enough and can be run in foreground with practical purposes and
will be good for instant replacement of ntpdate. But personally I want
to create applet similar to rdate - extremely small and fast, but for
ntp servers. I need time only for logging purposes so it is not
important for me to sync better than with precision of 1 second, and
as long as ntpdate perform gradually syncing only for small time gaps,
I do not need this graduality at all.

By the way, what is the purpose of ntpd_simple.c code? I can't find
links to this file in busybox.

Sergey Naumov.