Modified showkey applet

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 23 11:26:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Harald Becker <ralda at gmx.de> wrote:
>  Hi Denys!
>
>> Please fetch current git:
>> That's how everyone else does development in open source world:
>> they send patches, and they base them on current development branch,
>> not on some released tarball.
>
> Sorry ...
>
> 1) I don't use git! ... I do not have any machine with an installed git
> and I do not like to install git. I worked and work with 5 other version
> control systems (commercial products, not open source one). I do just
> not want to have and to learn another one ... that's my decision, at
> least currently ... if you say using git is absolutely required to
> contribute to busybox development, than I have to stop contribution
> completely ... no way out :-(

Using one command to check out the tree hardly counts as a lot of learning.

> ... normally I do just wait and grab the newest nightly snapshot ... but ...
>
> 2) Currently I'm not working on my or any full development system. My
> development machine has a bug anywhere in the libraries due to an
> incomplete and broken gentoo update ... needs complete reinstall, but
> missing time for this at the moment. Additionally the machine I'm
> working on is stuck to a release tar ball (currently 1.17.2), I can't
> install daily snapshots,

Why do you need to *install* the snapshot? You can only download it,
make a copy, edit the copy, test-build the copy,
diff the original and copy, and mail the diff.

Which means you need the following minimum:
wget, cp, text editor, compiler, diff, and mail program.

--
vda