applet delgroup is incomplete (bb 1.17.2)

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Mon Sep 20 23:55:11 UTC 2010

 Whops ...

I tried to delete a user from a group using busybox 1.17.2 delgroup applet:

delgroup myuser mygroup

--> can't remove primary group of user

The primary group of myuser is users not mygroup.

... after a short look in deluser.c: It doesn't look there is any code
to delete a user from a group, only the above message is displayed
without trying to do anything!? Did someone miss something or has
something got lost? Is it already fixed in newer versions?

--
Harald

PS: I'll pick up the other topics as soon as I'm coming around ... lost
too much time (several issues, not only busybox).