Build doesn't fail if od not installed

Matthew Stoltenberg d3matt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 02:35:57 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Vladimir Dronnikov <dronnikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd propose to consider mangling make script making BB coreutils as
> 0-step and then use them to build the target "real" BB. 0-step BB
> should be compiled w/o help messages and depend on the stuff truly
> expected to be "core". That list to be defined.
>
> --Vladimir

I propose you provide a shell script that serves as $CC until you can
compile gcc then compile BB...  Then I don't even have to download a
binary toolchain...  All I need is any old shell (like a liveCD
install that doesn't come with gcc, but does come with bash).

I agree with Rod...  A project shouldn't jump through hoops to make it
build in **any** environment conceivable.  I absolutely love (hate)
the first line of almost every configure script "Checking if build
environment is sane"...