shell 'trap' woodoo :)

Cathey, Jim jcathey at ciena.com
Mon Sep 13 17:04:04 UTC 2010

> Oh, I missed this: hitting C-c while 'sleep 5' executes will not interrupt
> the sleep (ash and hush).  Seems C-c is ignored.  Both SIGINT and SIGTERM
> are ignored.

We found this recently, where BB login (?) was turning off SIGINT, and where
bash deliberately preserves this setting 'forever'.  The symptom was that
^C would not interrupt a sleep.  No amount of trap settings, options, etc.,
would affect this.  There were no workarounds, you HAD to get that signal
turned back on before executing the login bash.

-- Jim