What was bug 1604?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Oct 31 06:12:49 UTC 2010

The current bugzilla database hasn't got a 1604, and I dunno where mantis is
archived.

Busybox umount was damaged by commit b2e578a1f2c3cf317 which made umount leak
/dev/loopX entries by default, but didn't stop umount from auto-allocating the
suckers.  So busybox mount/umount are now incoherent.  Wheee...

I have no idea what the rationale for this change was.

By the way, any time you say "non-standard", reference which standard.  The
mount and umount commands aren't in SUSv4.  BSD used vnconfig, slowaris used
lofi, macosx does something vaguely like FUSE...

GPLv3: as worthy a successor as The Phantom Menace, as timely as Duke Nukem
Forever, and as welcome as New Coke.