What on earth happened to platform.h?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:21:28 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 27 October 2010 08:25, Gilles Espinasse wrote:
> [...]

We do it already for COMPRESS, GZIP, BZIP2 and XZ by looking at magic,
and also detect .lzma by file extension.

We do it not only in tar, but in man, modprobe, loadfont etc...

Actually, tar's way of doing it is a bit rusty,
we can do it better now. get_header_tar_gz() and friends
can be eliminated...

--
vda