Some patch from SliTaz

Pascal Bellard pascal.bellard at ads-lu.com
Sat Oct 23 11:03:34 UTC 2010

> Hi,
>
> Descriptions are too terse. You need to explain in more details
> why every patch is needed (espacially non-trivial, non-standard ones).
>
> On Tuesday 12 October 2010 10:19, Pascal Bellard wrote:
>> Add non GNU stat -m support to display file block list
>> Useful to patch read-only filesystems such as ISO9660, for
>> defragmentation
>> tools or boot loaders
>> http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/raw-file/92eb2f9123f3/busybox/stuff/busybox-1.17.1-stat.u
>
> I hesitate to add non-standard options. How other people solve this
> problem?

 Our policy is:
1) you really need it,
2) there are no other way to do it.

The same occured with 'hexdump -R'.
We use 'stat -m' to detect fragmented ISO files. They can't be 'map' with
grub4dos.
Maybe we should add an ENABLE_FEATURE_STAT_MAP condition ?

>> Accept and ignore --wildcards argument
>> http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/raw-file/92eb2f9123f3/busybox/stuff/busybox-1.17.1-tar.u
>
> Why do you need this?

Some packages (I don't remember which ones) have 'tar --wildcards' command
in the Makefile.
Note we could do "sed 's/--wildcards//' in these Makefiles...

>> Add LZMA_DEFAULT_MAGIC support
>> http://hg.slitaz.org/wok/raw-file/92eb2f9123f3/busybox/stuff/busybox-1.17.1-zmodules.u
>
> This looks strange: .gz files compressed with lzma??

Yes, some.
For historical raison, kernel modules (filenames *.ko.gz) are compressed
with lzma in SliTaz. They where compressed with gzip, some tools look for
.ko.gz suffix. We have decided to change 'tranparently' the compression
and keep .ko.gz suffix with lzma compression.

> -               if ((ENABLE_FEATURE_SEAMLESS_GZ && strcmp(sfx, "gz") == 0)
> +               if
> (((ENABLE_FEATURE_SEAMLESS_GZ|ENABLE_FEATURE_SEAMLESS_LZMA)
> +                 && strcmp(sfx, "gz") == 0)

regards,

-pascal